(Updated 2018 january 1st)
We organize walks through the Forest with special topics : History, Geology, Archeology, Arts, Wildlife, Wood managing, etc...These walks are open to everybody, either AFF or non-AFF. With the following link, you can read The Walks program .
Next Forest walk scheduled :
Path n°11 closed for two months as from January 8th
As from January 8th and for a duration of two months, a part(party) of the path n°11 (Staying of the long Rock and Rock of Étroitures) will be closed to the public because of works begun by the ONF
To know more about it, read the newsletter (french) published by the ONF
Our actions towards the protection of the forest
- Public enquiry : Concerning the revision of the perimeter of Forest protection.
- Read the lettre du Collectif de Défense of the forêt de Fontainebleau issued the 11th of December 2015.
- Read the motion, adopted by the General Meeting the 25th of March 2017, about the Forest’s cleanliness.
Our last publications :
The Forest Voice :
| the Green Leaf.
You may read online the last issue of the Green Leaf
The cahier No 2
The Notebook of the REMARKABLE TREES
Other informations about the Forest
- Wood-cutting in the boulder chaos near Barbizon Why those cuttings?
- Tips to know : The secret of the markings on the trees in Forest.
- Contest of the Tree of the Year : Click to read more about it.
From the Seine-et-Marne (77) Department : the arbo-visits
Observatory of the Forest
WE WANT A CLEAN FOREST !
Some insults to the Forest legacy or to the landscape tend to multiply in the Fontainebleau area, such as : damaging of Forest equipment, deposit of waste, forest exploitation, thefts, etc. Facing this sad evolution, the association of the Amis de la Forêt de Fontainebleau decided to create a FOREST OBSERVATORY enabling to members as well as non-members to report every insult to counteract them rapidly.
- Signature of a Convention ONF - SMITOM.
Click on the picture on the left, inn order to read the "Cahier Noir" (Black Book).