(Updated 2018 august 24 th)
We organize walks through the Forest with special topics : History, Geology, Archeology, Arts,
Wildlife, Wood managing, etc...These walks are open to everybody, either AFF or non-AFF.
Click on picture to read the program
Next Forest walk postposée
Illustrated walk reports are published on our site. You will fin them in the menu « Activities », topic « Walks ».
You are welcome to participate to their writing !
Our actions towards the protection of the forest
- Read the motion, adopted by the General Meeting the 25th of March 2017, about the Forest’s cleanliness.
- The benevolent AFF path maintenance team in the 3 Pignons area doesn’t stop working with snow.read the info
Our last publications
The Forest Voice :
| the Green Leaf.
You may read online the last issue of the Green Leaf
The cahier No 2
The Notebook of the REMARKABLE TREES
Other informations about the Forest
- Wood-cutting in the boulder chaos near Barbizon Why those cuttings?
- Tips to know : The secret of the markings on the trees in Forest.
- Contest of the Tree of the Year : Click to read more about it.
From the Seine-et-Marne (77) Department : the arbo-visits
Observatory of the Forest
WE WANT A CLEAN FOREST !
Some insults to the Forest legacy or to the landscape tend to multiply in the Fontainebleau area, such as : damaging of Forest equipment, deposit of waste, forest exploitation, thefts, etc. Facing this sad evolution, the association of the Amis de la Forêt de Fontainebleau decided to create a FOREST OBSERVATORY enabling to members as well as non-members to report every insult to counteract them rapidly.
- Signature of a Convention ONF - SMITOM.
Click on the picture on the left, inn order to read the "Cahier Noir" (Black Book).